In today’s episode, we’re talking about how to develop an effective internship program for your small business.
You might be asking “How can I utilize an internship program to yield better, higher and faster growth in my small business?”
We all know one of the most important things that’s growing to drive growth in any organization is having the right people.
Not only is an internship program the number one way to pre- vet your hires, but have an affordable way of getting help in your business and to grow faster.
The bottom line is, there’s no better way to pick up employees who learn fast, are energetic and excited and give a boost to your business.
Here are some things to think about when developing an internship program…
When you look at getting help in the different areas that you need to grow in order to set yourself up for success there’s
- Customer Service
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
When a student takes on an internship for credit, most of the time its 15 hours a week and they have to turn in a weekly log
It works for you because you’ve created a course curriculum for them in terms of wht they will be learning and doing
It’s also to their benefit because you can teach them skills that they can use in the real world upon graduation.
But for you, it gives you the opportunity to develop job descriptions and figure out what you need from that person in each of those roles
The program that you develop is going to be your HIRING MECHANISM.
It’s where you’ll have a constant pull of talent that you’re going from as you’re looking to grow
But the truth is, people graduating from college learn so fast. They know so many tips and tricks, you’ll be mind blown by the amount of value that they bring to your business.
Here are some tips when starting an intern program in your business!
- Find a college or university in proximity to where you live
- In person mentoring and meeting this person once a week at their school not only allows YOU to create a bond, but become their mentor.
- You both can start achieving better results together!
- Job Descriptions! Start to develop a bio about your company and how you will benefit the student.
- What better way to get your business out there by talking with university and or colleges!
- Talk to department heads, professors and career advisers at the university or college you’re looking to work with!
- Whats the best way to start recruiting, Social media!
- Almost every position in my company has been filled through referrals. They have come from the interns we already have, networking with other schools and finding those that are like them!
Make the internship experience fun, valuable, meet with them in person, and make it a relationship!
Learn how to develop an effective internship program for your small business in three steps!
Want to learn more? Head to www.unstoppableentrepreneur.com/celebrity to learn more!
Connect with Kelly:
Reach out to my team with general inquiries, requests for strategy sessions, and overall support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more quick tips to everything you need to know training for small business courses online, increasing sales and how to be a great leader in business SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!